As the voice of the European lime sector, EuLA’s activities and mission centre on:
- Promoting the interests of the European lime industry on all issues of common concern, such as CO2 abatement, sustainable development, product legislation, energy, environmental protection, health and safety, communication & image enhancement.
- Providing the members with a single voice and competent assistance to address the complex legislative framework on scientifically and technically-sound dossiers.
- Ensuring that the lime industry at large benefits from the sharing of sound information.
EuLA is a member of IMA Europe (Industrial Minerals Association Europe). IMA Europe is an umbrella organization which provides sector-based representation for industrial minerals. The Association helps its members on topics related to all aspects of industrial minerals extraction, processing and uses…and promotes their common interests. IMA Europe is counting to date ten European member associations specific to individual minerals.
- About 95% of the European captive lime production
- 25 national associations
- 100 companies
- 160 production sites
- 280 lime kilns
- 10.000 employees
- 20 million tons total lime and dolime production
- Around € 2.5 billion contribution to Europe’s GDP
Key Responsibilities (please ask for a detailed role description)Technical and scientific support to the advocacy activitiesIndustry Advocacy and RepresentationResearch and DevelopmentStandards DevelopmentTask Force Management: Database Task Force, Best Available Technologies (BAT) and BREF (Best Available Techniques Reference Documents), EuLA Carbonation TFEnvironmental and Sustainability InitiativesEducation and TrainingBudget Oversight
ProfileHigh profile academics from top tier institutions. A Master or Ph.D. in Engineering or equivalent, ideally completed by a Master in Environmental Science.Min. 10 years of professional experience with industrial processes in energy intensive industries: lime, cement, glass, paper, steel…and in the environmental protection field.In-depth knowledge of European regulations and standards related to lime production.Very good understanding of the carbonation and CCUS topics.Strong project management skills with a proven track record of successful implementation of technical initiatives.Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration and advocacy.Diplomatic, flexible, assertive, rigorous and efficient.Perfect command of English and at least one other European language.The position includes up to 20% of travel within the EU.